About Me

header ads

Updating Ubuntu from 10.04 to 10.10

Well today is a date marked on my calendar (the explanation), so I downloaded the image from the new version of Ubuntu, and all ready I realize that I have no cd virgin nor any pen, as the desire to test were stronger I try to update from the update manager but does not give me the option, after this couple of disappointments began my search our beloved Google and I find the following solution:


Type Alt+F2 (Run Application) and writes:
  • update-manager -d
Update Manager appears with a new option:


Select the Refresh and ready to wait a couple of hours (my connection) to have your equipment with the latest version. Remember that nobody is perfect, so backing up your files, and save us surprises.

Until next time, for now look for a cd or a pendrive to format the partition and try Ubuntu from scratch.

Post a Comment

0 Comments